Monday, February 22, 2010

Razzoo's Cajun Cafe

For Fat Tuesday, a couple of friends and I met at Razzoo's for a bit of Mardi Gras madness. We got a seat against the wall, by the dance floor. Is there normally a dance floor there? I wish I could say, but this was my first time at this particular location.

I got there pretty early. It was just 6 o'clock. However, because of Fat Tuesday, the parking lot was packed and I had to park right behind the restaurant, in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Park there at your own risk, folks! Not that I've ever known a Wal-Mart to tow non-customers. Just sayin'.

If you're lucky enough to go during Mardi Gras, you'll find that the servers are all in costume. The waitresses are in cute little corset tops and itty bitty skirts or what-have-you. Cute and trampy. Our waiter was wearing a big pimp hat and had a huge clock hanging from his neck. Apparently, this was to distract us from his serving skills, or lack thereof. Note to all, stay out of Cameron's seating section. For your own good. He's an adorable young man who you'd think is working his way through college. I can't see how it's possible, though... if he can't even manage to serve three tables in a timely fashion.

Our wait for drinks was so long that we each had to order two at a time. When we ordered our food we asked that the appetizers and meal be brought at the same time. It didn't happen. When we got our food we didn't have napkins, silverware, salt, pepper, etc.

Cameron tried to give my beer away to two different tables before he finally took it out of some guy's hand and brought it to me. Then, to add insult to injury, he charged two of the people in our party for their own tabs and the tabs of other tables. Yes, that's right. He double-charged TWICE. Two different credit cards were each charged for someone else's food. One of the extra charges was for $90. The other was for $60. The extra charges weren't discovered until the next day. Sigh.

Now, as for the food... yum! I love me some rat toes. Not real rat toes. Ick, no! These are little fried balls of cheesy goodness rat toes. The menu describes them as "shrimp 'n' crab stuffed jalapenos batter'd and fried-- w/cool buttermilk dip". So delicious!



We also got a platter of fried fish for about $12.99. It's enough for 2-3 to share. So good. It comes with tartar sauce and cocktail sauce. You might want to just double up on the tartar sauce. It's pretty durn good, with a hint of hotness.



I was drinking the bottled Coors Light at $3 or $4 each. However, there were tons of people drinking Hurricanes out of pitchers with really long red straws. Um, thanks. I think not! It was especially funny to watch those standing get tired of holding their drinks because they're in a PITCHER. Sorry. That's mean, huh? lol.



Place? Razzoo's Cajun Cafe

Location? 1414 Market Place Blvd, Irving, TX 75063

Number to call when you get lost? (972) 373-9400

Cost? Not expensive, pretty reasonable.

Kid-friendly? Absolutely!

Date-friendly? This is the perfect place to bring a date!

Place to meet those of the opposite sex? It can be, depending on when you go. Weekends are best!

Place to go with friends? Yes!

Bathroom cleanliness? Yes!

Good service? Um, no.

Would I do it again? Probably, as long as I make sure I get a good server.

No comments:

Post a Comment